Frequently Asked Questions
- I just purchased one of the Gunsmith Edition Raw barrel blanks. I notice that the bore at one end is slightly off center. Does it make a difference which end I use for the chamber? One end is stamped with a "W" which I am assuming is the breach end - but that is the end where the bore is off center.
- Raw blanks are stamped at the muzzle end when drilled to facilitate precise and expedient manufacturing.
If you ever get a raw blank which is not stamped, you can measure the run-out to determine which end to chamber.
- Will your 10-22 barrel fit my standard Ruger 10-22 stock?
- Ruger makes the 10-22 with various barrel profiles. The most common of which is the tapered barrel, which looks like this:
Our 10-22 Sporter taper is a direct-fit replacement for the Ruger tapered barrel.
- Will the Green Mountain Heavy taper 10-22 sporter barrel fit my standard stock?
- The Green Mountain Heavy taper is thicker than the Ruger standard taper barrel, and would require relieving the stock for proper fit.
- Hello I am happy that my order finally shipped. I would like to know why it took six days to get here.
- Green Mountain is a manufacturing facility. Unlike a typical web store, it can take up to 10 days for orders to leave the plant. This is primarily because our shipping department is also charged with shipping large contract orders. Orders placed online through our website are processed at the start of the next business day, and usually ship within a few days.
- Why is sales tax collected for my order?
- Green Mountain is part of a larger corporation with a presence in all 50 states. Therefore, we must by law collect applicable sales tax for your zip code.